Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ME AND MEDIA

The internet has pretty much worked itself into every facet of our society. Every thing that exists has a website associated with it, either highlighting their products and services or giving themselves a cheap way to broadcast to the masses.

My work keeps me on the computer for a good portion of my day. As a result, I surf all over. For instance, some of my most common sites are all comic book archival-related, such as Comicbookdb.com, UncannnyXMen.net, Comics.org, Spiderfan.org and AdvancedIron.net (an Iron Man website). When I need to buy comics for work or just for me, my default stop is Mycomicshop.com. And, of course, there’s the ever-present Ebay (which I use to find other things I want as well).

Other associated websites I travel to for networking consist of ComicArtGuild.com and it’s private social networking sister site on the NING system, Facebook and Myspace. I also pass by Deviant Art frequently to check out the works of others and upload my own. All of that comes full circle to my personal page on Comicspace, the comic professional's Facebook/Myspace.

For entertainment purposes, I go to The Daily Show and Colbert Report's websites to watch an episode I may have missed, various message boards such as Super Hero Hype, Comicbook Resources and Newsarama, and the occasional trip to YouTube. I also maintain a blog on Blogger both personal and for school (which you know since you're reading it). There are more sites, some I go to frequently some once in a while. Basically, as I said, the internet has found a way to enter every facet of life. It is both a good working tool, as well as a source of distraction for the in-between times.

No comments:

Post a Comment